Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Washington DC January 29th, 2014 9:24 am

Airports can be a very sad place or it can be a very happy place. It all depends on whether you are at Departures or Arrivals! I can never forget the excitement of making an overseas flight. In those early years you would dress up with suit & tie. In fact, in those early years when we first started flying, it was impossible to sleep. You were wide eyed all the way, & you couldn't wait until they served the meal. Wow, you would have thought that you were at a 5 star restaurant! Now I look back & think how ignorant we were. 

Travel today is much more laid back & your main thought is to get to your destination. Now there is nothing exciting about those long flights. Now you want a time machine that allows you to be there instantly. Actually, we may be closer to that time than we realize, especially if you know The Lord. That is what travel in Heaven will be like. I can't wait!

I will never forget our 4 year old coming in one day after our arrival in Ethiopia & saying, Mommie will there be airports in Heaven. Glenda said No, & Ron said, Good, we will never have to say goodbye to grandma & grandpa! One day there will not be anymore goodbyes! I'm looking forward to that day.

Sent from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. I remember how exciting it was to fly, yes. Just like traveling by ship was like taking a cruise, flying was something very special. I do remember the meals as well - but I don't think we were ignorant, I actually think the food was better then:-) I look forward to following you on your new blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are praying that you stay safe and healthy while you're gone that you are a blessing to those you are teaching and you return to us with lots of stories.we love you and can't wait to have you home

    ReplyDelete